The Weather Channel
50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- 10-days prediction
- Weather map
- Search weather by city code
- A search browser would be welcomed.
+ By The Weather Channel
Download The Weather Channel
Somewhere over the rainbow...The Weather Channel.
TWC is the most downloaded and most appreciated Weather widget available. It has lots of features and alerts and a great forecasting service. Yes, using TWC app we can answer questions like “What will be the weather in Madrid/Moscow/Milwaukee next week?
Some users reported forceclosing and slowness, and actually we did. But since the last update it seems that forceclosings and crashes have been solved. Likewise, the interface has been improved. Now it’s more intuitive, good-looking and user-friendly. The navigation is easier and faster and the search bar is way more better.
What’s more, the app support more languages (also French and Spanish). It still could be improved in some points, but it has been boosted since the last time we reviewed it.
Maybe it’s a nice day to discover new weather apps. Sun is shining, the weather is sweet...
•Trusted forecasts include hourly, 36-hour, and 10-day forecast options (Celsius or Fahrenheit)
•Weather Maps: Fast, accurate, and localized radar maps offer past and future radar as well as severe weather alerts for storm tracking and tornado activity. With map layers you can select road or satellite views; activate hurricane tracking; and choose map layers, whether it’s cloud, radar, water temperature, wind speed, snow cover or more.
•Current weather conditions give you the “feels like” temperature, sunrise time, sunset time, wind speed, humidity, UV index, visibility, dew point, and pressure.
•Social Weather: Report your weather conditions to us! We'll use the information to improve the forecast & map out what others are reporting or tracking in your area. Plus, your report will be added to your personalized weather history, so you can track your past reports. To complete your report, remember to take a photo and share it with your friends. (MOBILE DEVICES ONLY)
•Severe Notifications and Weather Alerts: Get alerts for severe weather and high pollen counts for any of your favorite location(s). You also have the option to activate an always-on temperature in your notification bar for tracking the location of your choice.
•Weather Widgets: Offered in several sizes, whether you want the 1x1 weather widget, 2x2 weather widget, 4x1 weather widget, or 4x2 weather widget
•Seasonal tools, like our airport delays module, pollen counts, and boat & beach planner help you plan your life around the weather. (MOBILE DEVICES ONLY)
•From severe storms to bizarre findings, stay up-to-date with the latest weather news stories. You can also watch our videos, which cover everything from your local forecast to climate change news.
•Beautiful and easy-to-use interface
•Amazing background photos match your location and current weather conditions.
•Navigation: swipe up and down to view the detailed forecasts and news stories.
•The best weather app is also optimized for Android tablets
Don’t just listen to us! Here’s what the experts are saying about the best weather app:
Gold Medal winner from Gizmodo’s best weather apps!
“Besides launching an impressive new look, a selection of social features have also been added to the application, radar maps are faster, and navigation has been enhanced. …” – App Advice
“… bright, crisp design and thoughtful layout. It packs a lot of information into not a lot of space, and a new social weather feature makes the service even more interactive … The Weather Channel is a deep dive into meteorological data...” – PC magazine
“One of the more intriguing new features is something The Weather Channel calls ‘Social Weather,’ … a native, Waze-like weather reporting service.” – TIME
"The Weather Channel app ... provides fast, accurate information.” – iDownloadBlog
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON SOCIAL AND WEB:
Check us out at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news and for tracking severe weather. Your WEATHER™ wherever and whenever you want it.
We love when you provide us with feedback. If you love our weather app, please rate, review, and +1 us in the Google Play Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to http://feedback.weather.com
The Weather Channel Videos
We are thrilled to share our new features:
--Weather news section
--Search for any ski resort to get your snow forecast
--On-going temperature in status bar found in manage locations
--Easier to find mPOINTS
- - Know where you approximately are.
- - Know exactly where you are. It uses GPS.
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- - Have access to the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Read phone state. Used to know whether you're in a call or not.
- - Know if the system has finished booting.
- - Request authentication tokens from accounts linked to your phone.
- - Use the vibrator.
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
- - com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE
- - com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES
- - com.weather.Weather.permission.C2D_MESSAGE
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 5.4.1 released on 12/31/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.3.1 released on 11/28/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.3.0 released on 11/03/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.2.0 released on 09/29/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.0.2 released on 08/14/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.0.1 released on 07/31/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.0.0 released on 07/23/14.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.11 released on 04/03/14.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 50000000 downloads level reached on 02/05/14.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.5 released on 01/11/14.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.4 released on 11/20/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.2 released on 11/18/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.1 released on 09/06/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.1 released on 09/04/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.0 released on 07/23/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.1.2 released on 06/26/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.1.1 released on 06/06/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.1.0 released on 05/31/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.0.3 released on 04/23/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.0.2 released on 03/01/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.0.1 released on 02/19/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.8.3 released on 10/06/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.8.2 released on 09/28/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.8.0 released on 09/12/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.7.1 released on 07/12/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.7.0 released on 07/05/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.6.5 released on 06/01/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.6.4 released on 05/31/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.6.3 released on 04/27/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.6.2 released on 04/24/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.6.0 released on 03/01/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.5.5 released on 01/19/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000000 downloads level reached on 12/12/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.5.0 released on 11/15/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.4.0 released on 09/16/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.2.1 released on 07/14/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.2.0 released on 07/05/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.1.0 released on 03/22/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.1 released on 02/28/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.0 released on 02/14/11.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.23 released on 01/31/11.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.22 released on 06/15/10.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.17 released on 05/10/10.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.15 released on 05/01/10.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.14 released on 04/26/10.
- UpdatedNew version 2.1.9 released on 12/17/09.
- UpdatedNew version 2.1.6 released on 12/03/09.
- UpdatedNew version 2.1.5 released on 11/04/09.
- UpdatedNew version 2.0.18 released on 10/28/09.
Displaying 4 of 49 - show all
Also getting Package file not signed correctly and don't see any way to get around this
Widget does not work. Shows only "0F" and a picture of a thunderstorm, no other data, does not update. Other weather widgets are able to retrieve data.
new version = N/A data = fail
You have to repeatedly reinstall your weather locations. Very disappointed!
I'm nut sure what happened but now this app won't give me weather updates.
Hate the scroll up mechanism and radar features.
Although tablet version seems different than cell phone