The Weather Channel
50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- 10-days prediction
- Weather map
- Search weather by city code
- A search browser would be welcomed.
+ By The Weather Channel
Download The Weather Channel
Somewhere over the rainbow...The Weather Channel.
TWC is the most downloaded and most appreciated Weather widget available. It has lots of features and alerts and a great forecasting service. Yes, using TWC app we can answer questions like “What will be the weather in Madrid/Moscow/Milwaukee next week?
Some users reported forceclosing and slowness, and actually we did. But since the last update it seems that forceclosings and crashes have been solved. Likewise, the interface has been improved. Now it’s more intuitive, good-looking and user-friendly. The navigation is easier and faster and the search bar is way more better.
What’s more, the app support more languages (also French and Spanish). It still could be improved in some points, but it has been boosted since the last time we reviewed it.
Maybe it’s a nice day to discover new weather apps. Sun is shining, the weather is sweet...
Whether you’re a storm tracker or planning for the school day, The Weather Channel app brings the most useful, hyper-localized forecasts, radar maps, conditions, and alerts directly to you.
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW.
-- Forecasts: Choose hourly, 36-hour, 10-day and weekend forecasts in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
-- Current Weather Conditions: More than temperatures, get “feels like” weather, humidity, dew point, sunrise, sunset, wind speed, UV index, visibility and barometric pressure.
-- Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar. Map layers show road or satellite views, water temperature, wind speeds, snow cover, and more.
-- Customizable push alerts
-- Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with NWS notifications of severe weather, and know the moment tornado and severe storm watches and warnings are issued.
-- Breaking News Alerts: Keep informed with national weather news updates.
-- Rain Alerts: Avoid getting surprised by the rain with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning rain reports for your favorite locations.
-- Pollen Alerts: Know the pollen counts near you. We’ve got your back, if not the tissues.
To configure your alerts, go to the settings menu and select sign-up.
DIVE DEEP INTO YOUR WEATHER
-- Hurricane Tracking: Follow the path of tropical storms and hurricanes, and see their projected paths.
-- Social Weather: Take pictures and share the amazing weather you experience, plus report it directly to us. Your reports help others track approaching weather. Geeky? Yes, and proud.
-- 24/7 Remote Temps: Populate your notification bar with the current temperatures of your favorite locations worldwide.
-- Weather Widgets: We have widgets available in 1x1, 2x2, 1x4 and 4x4. You’re welcome.
-- Seasonal Tools: Our pollen counts, airport delays module, and beach & boat planner help you keep your plans in harmony with the day’s weather. (MOBILE DEVICES ONLY)
-- Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up-to-date.
-- Weather Videos: Local forecasts, climate change news, and everything in between, all streamed in HD.
-- Sleek Interface: Easy to use and beautiful in its simplicity.
-- Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions. Did you notice?
-- Love For Android Tablets: The best weather app and widgets are optimized for Android Tablets.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA:
All the weather, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel. After all, #ItsAmazingOutThere
We’re always looking to improve our app and appreciate your feedback. So please rate, review, and +1 us in the Google Play Store. If you have suggestions, submit them to http://feedback.weather.com
The Weather Channel Videos
--Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time NWS notifications for your GPS location. Activate your alerts by registering
--Rain Alerts: Avoid getting surprised by the rain with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning rain reports for your favorite locations. Activate your alerts by registering
--Registration: Our alerts work best with your input, so we made the profile sign-up easier. To register and kick-off your new weather experience, go to the Settings menu & select Sign-up
- - Know where you approximately are.
- - Know exactly where you are. It uses GPS.
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- - Have access to the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Read phone state. Used to know whether you're in a call or not.
- - Know if the system has finished booting.
- - Request authentication tokens from accounts linked to your phone.
- - Use the vibrator.
- - Prevent your device from sleeping or screen from dimming (turn brightness down).
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
- - com.amazon.device.messaging.permission.RECEIVE
- - com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE
- - com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES
- - com.weather.Weather.permission.C2D_MESSAGE
- - com.weather.Weather.permission.RECEIVE_ADM_MESSAGE
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 5.6.0 released on 05/12/15.
- NewApplication reactivated on 05/06/15.
- DeletedApplication deleted from the Android Market on 04/29/15.
- UpdatedNew version 5.5.6 released on 03/25/15.
- UpdatedNew version 5.5.1 released on 02/25/15.
- UpdatedNew version 5.4.1 released on 12/31/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.3.1 released on 11/28/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.3.0 released on 11/03/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.2.0 released on 09/29/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.0.2 released on 08/14/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.0.1 released on 07/31/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.0.0 released on 07/23/14.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.11 released on 04/03/14.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 50000000 downloads level reached on 02/05/14.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.5 released on 01/11/14.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.4 released on 11/20/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.2 released on 11/18/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.1 released on 09/06/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.1 released on 09/04/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.2.0 released on 07/23/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.1.2 released on 06/26/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.1.1 released on 06/06/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.1.0 released on 05/31/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.0.3 released on 04/23/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.0.2 released on 03/01/13.
- UpdatedNew version 4.0.1 released on 02/19/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.8.3 released on 10/06/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.8.2 released on 09/28/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.8.0 released on 09/12/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.7.1 released on 07/12/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.7.0 released on 07/05/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.6.5 released on 06/01/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.6.4 released on 05/31/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.6.3 released on 04/27/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.6.2 released on 04/24/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.6.0 released on 03/01/12.
- UpdatedNew version 3.5.5 released on 01/19/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000000 downloads level reached on 12/12/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.5.0 released on 11/15/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.4.0 released on 09/16/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.2.1 released on 07/14/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.2.0 released on 07/05/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.1.0 released on 03/22/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.1 released on 02/28/11.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.0 released on 02/14/11.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.23 released on 01/31/11.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.22 released on 06/15/10.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.17 released on 05/10/10.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.15 released on 05/01/10.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.14 released on 04/26/10.
Displaying 4 of 50 - show all
Also getting Package file not signed correctly and don't see any way to get around this
Widget does not work. Shows only "0F" and a picture of a thunderstorm, no other data, does not update. Other weather widgets are able to retrieve data.
new version = N/A data = fail
Great to have !
All good info except ads
I like this app the local alerts are great and the forecast are very accurate to my area, and I think it's a must have. I have been using it across the country and it's done a great job.
Never picks up my proper location