Weather - The Weather Channel
by: The Weather Channel • 1.5M
TWC is the most downloaded and most appreciated Weather widget available. It has lots of features and alerts and a great forecasting service. Yes, using TWC app we can answer questions like “What will be the weather in Madrid/Moscow/Milwaukee next week?
Some users reported forceclosing and slowness, and actually we did. But since the last update it seems that forceclosings and crashes have been solved. Likewise, the interface has been improved. Now it’s more intuitive, good-looking and user-friendly. The navigation is easier and faster and the search bar is way more better.
What’s more, the app support more languages (also French and Spanish). It still could be improved in some points, but it has been boosted since the last time we reviewed it.
Maybe it’s a nice day to discover new weather apps. Sun is shining, the weather is sweet...
Tags: weather channel , the weather channel , weather channel app package file not signed correctly , new , weather channel package file was not signed correctly , the weather channel® , @ , the weather channel 2.1.5 , the channel
by Peter , Appszoom
Nov 28, 2014
Plan and prepare with confidence with the world’s most downloaded Weather App.
GET ACCURATE FORECASTS FOR ANY LOCATION
• Cognitive Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Hurricane Central: Monitor tropical storms and hurricanes and get safety and preparedness tips. When a tropical storm or hurricane forms, track it and stay safe with Hurricane Central.
• Local & National Forecasts: Hourly, 15-day and weekend forecasts available in Celsius or Fahrenheit for the US, Canada, and locations around the world.
• Current Weather Conditions: Beyond accurate temperatures you’ll get “feels like” weather, humidity, dew point, sunrise, sunset, wind speed, UV index, visibility and barometric pressure.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading doppler radar maps show past and future radar. Map layers show road or satellite views, water temperature, wind speeds, snow cover, and more.
• Plan for Trips: Get access to seasonal weather trends, road conditions, the tides, and 15-day forecasts for your favorite destinations like Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and Vancouver.
PERSONALIZED REAL-TIME WEATHER ALERTS
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with National Weather Service government issued notifications of extreme weather. Know the moment tornado, hurricane or severe storm watches and warnings are issued.
• Breaking News Alerts: Stay informed with national and local weather news updates. Track tropical storms and hurricanes as they develop while receiving storm safety and preparedness tips.
• Lightning Alerts: Get real-time alerts for your GPS location, and know where lightning is striking near you.
• Daily Rain Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning precipitation reports for your favorite locations.
• Pollen Alerts: Know the pollen counts near you.
It’s easy and free! Activate these alerts by going to your in-app settings.
DIVE DEEP INTO YOUR WEATHER
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at feedback.weather.com.
• 24/7 Remote Temps: Populate your notification bar with the current temperatures of your favorite locations worldwide.
• Weather Widgets: We have widgets available in 1x1, 2x2, 1x4 and 4x4.
• Seasonal Tools: Use our pollen counts to help plan your outdoor activities. (SMARTPHONES ONLY)
• Weather News: From severe storms and tornadoes to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Weather Videos: Local forecasts, climate change news, and everything in between, all streamed in HD.
• Sleek Interface: Easy to use and beautiful in its simplicity.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Love For Android Tablets: The best weather app and widgets are optimized for Android Tablets.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA:
Find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @weatherchannel.
We’re always looking to improve our app and appreciate your feedback. So please rate, review, and +1 us in the Google Play Store. If you have suggestions, submit them to feedback.weather.com.